What should you consider before having solar panels installed in San Diego ? How should you decide which installation company is right for you? What type of solar should you choose? photovoltaic or solar thermal? Are there upkeep or maintenance costs?
All of these are valid and common questions when considering solar panels. It’s a big investment and so it’s understandable that you will have questions and concerns. I’ve collated some basic knowledge, tips and advice on how to ensure you find a good company to install your solar panels and highlight some of the points you should consider when having photovoltaic panels installed at your property.
1. MCS Approved Installers
Firstly, and most importantly, ensure that your chosen installer is an “MCS approved installer”. MCS stands for Microgeneration Certification Scheme and it is an indication to consumers that the installer has been assessed and adheres to standards and regulations that are set by the MCS.
MCS Approved Installers are awarded certification as a result of a thorough assessment of the supply, design, installation, set-to-work and commissioning of renewable microgeneration technologies, solar panels.
2. MCS Approved Solar Panels
Alongside MCS Approved installers, make sure that your panels are also MCS approved. MCS Approved Solar Panels also undergo rigorous standards.
To receive certification, MCS Approved Solar Panels not only receive product testing, but the manufacturing processes, materials, procedures and staff training also undergo assessment. Certification is only awarded if every step and stage meets the criteria.
3. NIC EIC Certification
All electricians who provide services in the UK should be NIC EIC certified. Solar installers are no different and you should make sure the company you choose has received certification. You will then be safe in the knowledge that your system complies with national safety requirements as stipulated by the governing body responsible NIC EIC certification.
4. Solar Panel Quotes
Don’t rely on the first or cheapest company you find – ask for quotes from a number solar installation companies, and let the companies know that you plan to do this. This should help ensure that you receive competitive quotes and it also gives you a benchmark from which you can compare quotes against quotes. It might give you some leverage to “play” companies off against one another to get that quote figure knocked down a little. Companies only exist to make money, so they won’t want to lose a potential customer.
Talk to companies who visit your property to provide you with quotes and ask plenty of questions. This will give better understanding and knowledge of what to expect and what you are told. Consider all your quotes before committing to any one in particular.
5. Cheapest Doesn’t Mean Best
As with most things in life, the cheapest quote you can find won’t necessarily get you the best end result. That doesn’t mean you should opt for the most expensive solar panels either. Find a quote which you feel is fair and just as importantly, choose a company that you feel comfortable about dealing with, a company who answers your questions and takes time to explain the technical side of things in a manner that you understand.
This doesn’t just apply to the company’s bottom line figure, but also the individual materials and equipment the company quotes for. If you haven’t been provided with a detail or itemised quote, ask for one. This way, you will know what equipment and materials you are paying for, and you can compare this to your other quotes.
The technology is constantly evolving and in terms of energy generation for the masses, it is still quite new so there will always be improvements and enhancements being made. Ask your company what products they will be using for your install and take some time to do some background research on them: Are there any problems with the panels? Are there newer versions? Is the price about right? Are there any forums which advise for or against them? Learn about solar panel technology and the terminology used, this will help you avoid being “blinded” by jargon.
7. Calculate Potential Feed in Tariff Earnings
The Government’s Feed in Tariff has been extremely influential in the popularity of solar panels. You get paid for all electricity generated from your solar panels, even if you consume it personally. As a general overview, from 3rd March 2012, the rate is 21p/kWh and then from 1st July 2012 the rate of return will be between 16.5p/kWh – 13.6p/kWh. This rate will depend on the number of panel installations completed between March and April 2012. You can also use one of the many online calculators to see how much money you could be earning on your potential investment.
The Feed in Tariff means that whilst your initial investment may be a big outlay, not only will you save money on your energy bills, but you will also generate an income. This takes the investment in solar panels way beyond most returns from other “normal” monetary investments. If you have money invested in savings accounts, maybe consider solar panels.
8. Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Panels
Take some time to decide whether solar thermal or photovoltaic systems would be more beneficial to your property. Solar thermal generates hot water, whilst photovoltaic panels will generate electricity.
If you are unsure as to the system you want, contact companies and ask which system they would recommend. There’s no reason why you cannot have both systems installed and if you decide that solar thermal panels are your best option, still consider photovoltaic panels, if for no other reason than it could in theory pay for itself and your solar thermal panel system.
9. RHI – The Renewable Heat Incentive
The Renewable Heat Incentive does not provide such a good return on your investment as the Feed in Tariff, but it is still a good incentive that deserves careful consideration. The scheme’s aim is to encourage property owners to reduce their heating energy consumption and carbon foot print by providing the following benefits:
0.085p per kWh return for 20 years
energy consumption reduction
A Government payment contribution
10. Maintenance Costs
You will undoubtedly be told that there are no upkeep or maintenance costs involved with solar, and throughout life expectancy of a solar panel installation, there should in fact be little maintenance or upkeep in regards to the panels themselves. However, the inverter, which converts direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC), will, at some point in the 25 years, need replacing. The cost to replace your inverter will be somewhere near 1000, and so this should form part of your calculation and consideration for solar panels.
Normally, solar systems will be installed on rooftops or high up above the ground in order to get the best exposure to direct sunlight especially in San Diego. The result of this is that less able-bodied people may require assistance to have the solar panels cleaned or to clear any fallen leaves or debris from on and around the panels to keep them working at their maximum capacity.
Ways to Save Mother Earth
To Find Out What Your Dream Means, You Need to Be Honest With Yourself
For the most part, dreams are challenging us to be honest about who we are, what we want, what we fear, what causes us pain, our insecurities and the things that are holding us back in life. Dreams often tell us where we’re at in terms of what’s going well and what’s going not so well in our lives.
Our subconscious is like our own personal therapist and we’d be wise to listen to her!
Getting into dream interpretation has so many benefits. It can bring liberation, self awareness, self knowledge, a strong connection to our inner selves and an awareness of our emotions.
Dream interpretation is a massive topic, but this article will explain many of the most important elements you'll need to interpret your dreams.
Step 1: Determine the Function of Your Dream
You can go a long way towards answering the question of what your dreams mean by identifying which of the following functions the dream you want to interpret may be able to serve.
For example, if you were watching a movie about vampires and that night you have a dream about vampires, then the most logical function of that dream, taken from the list below, would be "Organizing Knowledge & Experience." Your brain took in certain elements of the movie and the dream's purpose is to organize them into your existing knowledge base.
The Main Functions of Dreams
- Expressing and processing emotions
- Maintaining or improving mental health
- Providing information on what we want, need, think or feel
- Giving sexual release
- Organising knowledge and experiences – de-fragging the mind like a computer
- Learning (making connections)
- Helping with problem solving (creativity, thinking out of the box, new inventions, finding solutions)
- Providing wish-fulfillment (e.g. having a sexy dream with someone famous)
- Connecting to spiritual realities (rare!)
Through lucid dreaming and dream incubation, we can develop confidence in ourselves and any area of our lives that we choose to. We can also go on some amazing adventures!
Step 2: Don't Ignore Your Emotions
The emotions we experience in our dreams are one of the most important aspects to dream interpretation. Believe it or not, our dreams are trying to be obvious! Understanding dream language can take a bit of practice but once you get into the right mindset you’ll find the majority of your dreams can be interpreted quickly and easily.
An Example of Why Emotions in Dreams are Important
If you are driving a fast car in your dream and feel exhilarated, this could mean you're progressing at a great speed in some area of your life and you are finding it exhilarating and exciting.
- But, what if you are driving a fast car and feel terrified of crashing? The meaning will be vastly different. Something along the lines of, you are traveling too fast in an area of your life and feel out of control.
- Or, what if you are driving in a fast car that will only do 10 miles an hour and you feel impotent and frustrated? You would need to look at what is holding you back in life either through inside or outside circumstances.
Make a special note of your feelings in relation to each symbol that appears in your dream as it's going to give you some of the most valuable information on the dream's message to you.
The Relevance of Recent and Past Events in Dreams
- Recent events come up a lot in our dreams. Sometimes it is because our minds are trying to process and organise what happened, other times they offer the mind handy symbols to present other information.
- Past events, people and places also come into our dreams frequently. They are usually telling us that there is something from our past that needs understanding or resolving. You will normally find that the issue is something that is also prominent in your life now.
If you dream about a house you lived in as a child, for instance, ask yourself what was happening in your life at the time you lived there.
- Did your parents separate?
- Did you change schools?
- Was it a particularly happy time?
- Ask yourself why your mind would want you to revisit that time again.
- Are there things issues from that time still holding you back?
- Did you make decisions based on events in the past that are no longer relevant or useful?
- Do you need to recapture a certain quality or feeling?
Prophetic and Psychic Dreams
There’s a strong myth stating that all of our dreams are foretelling the future, and this is simply not true.
That’s not to say that it doesn’t happen -- I've had quite a few myself. Dreams can occasionally give us information about future events, (which is where the myth comes from). However, unless we have highly developed psychic abilities, these are usually few and far between. This begs the question, “How do we know when our dream is prophetic?” Unfortunately, the answer to that is that you can’t know until the event you dreamt of takes place.
A lot of people have experienced dreams that involve ESP or what we might call psychic events. Again, these are quite rare -- most people might be lucky to have one or two of these in their lifetime. They include:
- Dreams of a deceased relative or friend (accompanied by feelings of joy, peace and love)
- Dreams of a deceased person we do not know
- A dream involving extra sensory perception (ESP) such as seeing an event in a dream that is taking place at the very moment you dream it
- Dreams of angels, spirit guides or religious figures
- Dreams of past lives
- Out of body experiences
- Astral travel
Those who have had these kinds of dreams report that they are exceptionally vivid and the feeling quality of the dream is different than in ordinary dreaming. The emotions are particularly intense and there is a sense of watching the scene as an observer rather than being involved in it.
While distressing, nightmares can tell us a great deal about ourselves. In particular: what we fear, what causes us the most emotional pain and what is holding us back in life. Nightmares are usually expressing deep feelings and thoughts that we are unconscious of. That's why they're so frightening -- because they are bringing to our attention emotions that were perceived to be threatening, devastating and/or overwhelming at some point in the past.
The occurrence of a nightmare is a sign that you're now ready to deal with these emotions and that you need to deal with them for the sake of your emotional, mental or spiritual health.
This statement may sound obvious, but it's surprising how many of us don't understand that our nightmare is telling us about something we are frightened of or anxious about. Take the time to discover its meaning, and you'll benefit in the long term.
Below are three common dreams that show examples of the kinds of questions you need to be asking yourself to enable you to accurately interpret your dreams
A Partner Being Unfaithful
Dreams of your partner cheating on you are most often an expression of your own anxiety and insecurity. Very rarely will they be your intuition alerting you about actual cheating -- rule out all other possibilities first:
- Are you scared your partner will leave you?
- Do you have low self esteem and/or confidence and wonder whether you deserve your partner?
- Have you or your partner cheated on each other or other partners before and you are worried this will happen again?
- Do you have problems with trusting people?
- Do you find it difficult to trust yourself?
- Are you attracted to someone else?
Dreams of Being Naked
What is your dream of being naked telling you? It will depend greatly on how you feel about it in your dream. Are you embarrassed? Ashamed? Free? Liberated? Vulnerable? Scared? Indignant? Exposed? Natural? Exhilarated?
If you experienced a negative emotion in relation to your nakedness, it could mean:
- You are feeling very vulnerable at the moment.
- You are scared of being exposed in some way.
- You have problems with your relationship with your body.
- You are hiding something you need to share.
If you experienced a positive emotion in relation to your nakedness, it could mean:
- You feel totally free.
- You feel liberated from a problem, setback or difficulty.
- You are at one with your physical nature.
- You enjoy your body.
- You are being completely honest about who you are, what you want or need.
Dreams Involving Animals
One way of interpreting animal symbols that I often use is to ask myself, "What special characteristics does this animal embody?"
- The eagle soars freely high above the earth. Therefore, the eagle has a broad perspective of what is below and will be able to "take in the whole picture." Do you already see the whole picture, or you do need to take a more objective view of something? Maybe you need to look at things from another perspective.
- The eagle is strong and powerful. Do you feel strong and powerful or does someone in your life embody these qualities?
- The eagle is a skillful hunter. Do you need to hunt something down or do you feel like someone is hunting you down?
- Are you feeling stung by something that happened recently or by something someone said?
- Bee is a homophone of "Be." Is your dream of bees telling you to just "be" yourself?
- Think about what is special about bees. Bees are very busy, productive and industrious creatures. They work cooperatively for their survival. They swarm together for protection and to attack. They are hive creatures - the group is more important and powerful than the individual. They produce a nourishing food (honey). Do one of these things prick your intuition about what the bees mean to you?
- 4S Ranch Solar Reviews
- Aguanga Solar Panel Install Cost
- Aliso Viejo Best Solar Companies In
- Allied Gardens Solar Panel Install Cost
- Alpine Best Solar Companies In
- Anza Solar Questions
- Barrio Logan Solar Quotes
- Bay Terraces Solar Tax Credit
- Black Mountain Ranch Solar Power Companies
- Bonita Solar Quotes
- Bonsall Solar Power
- Boulevard Solar Panels
- Bressi Ranch Solar Tax Credit
- Camp Pendleton Solar System
- Campo Solar Questions
- Capistrano Beach Solar Power Companies
- Cardiff By The Sea Solar Panel Install Cost
- Carlsbad Solar Panel Install Cost
- Carmel Mountain Solar Calculator
- Carmel Valley Vivint Solar
- Casa De Oro Solar Panel Installation
- Chula Vista Solar Calculator
- Clairemont Solar Tax Credit
- Corona Del Mar Solar Installation
- Coronado Solar City
- Daley Ranch Solar Panels
- Dana Point Solar System
- Del Cerro Solar Panels
- Del Dios Solar Energy Companies
- Del Mar Solar Reviews
- Descanso Solar Power Companies
- Dulzura Solar Panel Installation Companies
- Eastlake Solar System
- El Cajon Solar Reviews
- Encanto Solar Energy
- Encinitas Solar Panel Install
- Escondido Solar Energy Companies
- Fairbanks Ranch Solar Energy
- Fallbrook Solar
- Gaslamp Solar
- Glenoak Hills Solar Power
- Glenview Solar Panel Install Cost
- Grantville Solar Panels
- Grossmont Solar Panels
- Guatay Solar Panel Installation Companies
- Hemet Solar Panel Install Cost
- Hidden Meadows Solar Tax Credit
- Hillcrest Solar Power Companies
- Hillsdale Solar Companies
- Imperial Beach Solar Quotes
- Ivey Ranch Best Solar Companies In
- Jamul Solar Energy
- Julian Solar Energy Companies
- La Jolla Solar Calculator
- La Mesa Solar Questions
- Ladera Ranch Solar Quotes
- Laguna Beach Best Solar Companies In
- Laguna Hills Solar Panel Installation
- Laguna Niguel Solar Energy
- Lake Elsinore Solar Energy
- Lakeside Solar Panels
- Lemon Grove Solar Power
- Liberty Station Best Solar Companies In
- Lincoln Acres Solar Tax Credit
- Lincoln Park Solar Calculator
- Linda Vista Solar Tax Credit
- Little Italy Solar Installation
- Logan Heights Solar City
- Los Ranchitos Solar Panel Installation Companies
- Menifee Solar Quotes
- Mira Mesa Solar Energy
- Miramar Solar Panel Installation
- Mission Bay Solar
- Mission Valley Solar Installation
- Mission Viejo Solar Installation
- Mount Laguna Solar Power Companies
- Mountain Center Solar Panel Install
- Mt Helix Vivint Solar
- Murrieta Solar Calculator
- National City Solar Panel Installation Companies
- Newport Beach Solar Panel Install
- Newport Coast Solar Quotes
- Normal Heights Solar Panel Installation Companies
- North Park Solar Panel Install
- Ocean Beach Solar Panel Installation Companies
- Ocean View Hills Solar Tax Credit
- Oceanside Solar
- Old Town Solar Reviews
- Otay Mesa Solar System
- Otay Ranch Solar Tax Credit
- Pacific Beach Solar Panel Install Cost
- Pala Solar Power Companies
- Pala Mesa Solar Power Companies
- Palomar Mountain Solar Energy
- Paradise Hills Best Solar Companies In
- Pauma Valley Solar Reviews
- Pechanga Solar Panel Installation Companies
- Perris Solar Questions
- Pine Valley Solar Companies
- Point Loma Vivint Solar
- Potrero Solar City
- Poway Solar Quotes
- Ramona Solar Quotes
- Ranch Penasquitos Solar Power
- Ranchita Solar Panel Install Cost
- Rancho Del Oro Solar Energy Companies
- Rancho Santa Fe Solar Questions
- San Clemente Solar Panel Install Cost
- San Diego Solar Panel Installation Companies
- San Juan Capistrano Solar System
- San Luis Rey Solar Installation
- San Marcos Vivint Solar
- San Pasqual Solar Installation
- San Ysidro Solar Installation
- Santa Ysabel Solar Tax Credit
- Santee Solar Quotes
- Scripps Ranch Solar Reviews
- Serra Mesa Solar Quotes
- Skyline Solar Panel Install
- Solana Beach Solar Panel Install
- Sorrento Valley Solar Panel Installation
- South Park Solar Power Companies
- Spring Valley Solar Power Companies
- Sunset Cliffs Best Solar Companies In
- Tecate Solar Quotes
- Temecula Solar Power Companies
- Tierrasanta Solar Installation
- Torrey Highlands Solar Energy Companies
- Torrey Pines Best Solar Companies In
- University City Solar Quotes
- University Heights Solar Power Companies
- Valle De Los Caballos Solar Energy
- Valley Center Solar Reviews
- Vista Solar Power
- Warner Springs Solar
- Wildomar Solar Companies
- Winchester Solar Panel Install Cost
- Winter Gardens Solar Calculator